Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Curd and Cream Cheese Frosting

So after the success of my lava fudge cupcakes, I decided to make a vanilla version. But there were so many questions, like what filling should I put inside and what goes well with vanilla as the frosting? I almost made some white chocolate fudge as the filling even though it would be painfully sweet, until I found a recipe for vanilla curd! Kind of a duh moment then because it hadn't occurred to me that since there was lemon curd, there would be vanilla curd. But I was kinda hoping there would be vanilla fudge...unfortunately not, though.

Anyway, I decided to stick with the plain cream cheese frosting since I couldn't think of anything that would complement vanilla well enough. If you have any suggestions though, please let me know!

Also, this is my second batch of vanilla cupcakes :| because the first one was a bit too dense and I accidentally spilled too much blue colouring onto the frosting and it turned out rather sickly looking. Oh well...onwards!



The chocolate that melts on the frosting, not in your hands!


Yes, I know that the curd is hard to spot, but vanilla curd is pretty colourless okay. 

Am actually in a grump over my cupcakes. Have been told more than enough times that they are sweet, too sweet. Personally, I don't like things that are too sweet myself. But for effing sake these are CUPCAKES. Reducing too much sugar in any bake will compromise the composition and hence the outcome. If you don't like sweet things, you shouldn't be eating cakes in the first place -.-" and the very last thing you should be getting yourself are cupcakes. Ok, I shall stop this rant before it gets out of hand. 

My next bake will be cookies and cream cupcakes =) Shall look forward to that instead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment