Thursday, 2 June 2011

Lava Fudge Cupcake with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting

So this is my latest bake. Had rave reviews from everyone so far. Have wanted to make a lava cake for quite some time, but am not in possession of proper ramekins :( And then...was watching my new favourite TV program the other day, DC Cupcakes, and had an aha moment!

So I took this recipe for chocolate cupcakes (which is yummy by itself), and added some fudge in the centre!

Then next problem was the frosting. Whipped cream frosting became a hot mess over time. Buttercream frosting  too rich. Cream Cheese frosting was also a tad rich (plus my recipe for cream cheese frosting was always insufficient). So I thought and I thought. And I twisted and turned at night as I thought and thought again...

:P


Orange Cream Cheese Frosting!


With bits of orange zest and a squeeze of orange juice. 


And inside, you have gooey ooey chocolatey goodness.


Chocolate and orange, perfect together!



1 comment:

  1. oooooooo!!! i want i want! the red little hearts are perfect! ok.. set! me want for 21st june.. can? talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete