Monday, 14 March 2011

Brownies

Wanted to name this post 'Chocolate Brownies' but then realized how redundant it was since brownies are supposed to be chocolate =P

I think this recipe was one of the first few I discovered and it's courtesy of Jamie Oliver, one of my favourite chefs. I had just purchased my oven and was absolutely jumping with excitement about using it for the first time. My cake mixer was new, too, but the fabulous thing about this recipe is that it has absolutely no need for one. Everything is done by hand. And once you're used to the steps, you can whip this up in a jiffy. The ingredients are pricey though, if you want to produce some good quality brownies. Like mine =P Oozing with dark chocolatey goodness. The first time I baked this and the smell filled the entire house, I remember actually salivating. And the first time I tasted this and it melted in my mouth, I remember immediately grabbing another piece. Yes, this brownie is also one of the reasons I packed on so much weight >.<



Serving suggestion: warm, with several scoops of vanilla ice cream, like this...


The evil things are still in my fridge, and I am still tempted to put a slice in my mouth everytime I see them. Darnit! One comment I've received that I can't get over is how 'chocolatey' it is. TOO chocolatey (???) I wanted to tell him: "Dude, go back to your XXX-brand Milk Chocolate Bar lar..." What a waste of a good slice of brownie. 

Lesson of the day? Never offer brownies to non-chocolate lovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment