- The ground almond may not be fine enough
- The making of the dreaded meringue which involves the dreaded egg whites. I remember my first time when I knew nuts about baking and I stupidly stood there for close to half an hour just beating the eggs wondering why on earth they're still clear. (Yes, the entire bowl was sopping wet when I started. BIG mistake!) But I digress.
- The piping itself. Finally got myself some proper piping bags this time. Didn't have any piping heads because they were sold out :-s But no worries! Snipped a small hole and it worked out fine anyway.
- Then popping it into the oven for the actual baking. And this is when the pacing starts. Because all the time I was going, "Please let them have feet", "Please don't let them crack", "Damn, they cracked!", "Please let them have feet anyway".
And yes! They have feet! Hurrah!
But no, attempt #2 was not as successful as I'd hoped. Still I got 4-5 perfect ones this time. Yay me!
I'm bringing them to dinner tomorrow (well, technically tonight) with the girls =) But psst, already had a couple myself. Yummy yum yum macarons.
Nyeh nyeh you can't eat us...
(Group evil laugh) Come get us...as if!
Pffft!
* The author apologizes on behalf of the lame macarons :P
No comments:
Post a Comment