So the joke behind these muffins are that I brought them over for dinner on Saturday evening. My brother and his daughters had come from Singapore for the weekend for Cheng Beng, so my sister had cooked up a feast. She had also made her own batch of 'muffins', ie. steamed 'fatt koh', except hers are green with added pandan. The thing with my sister is that she goes into her cooking seasons. One season it's all pumpkin cake. Another season it's all butter cake. The previous season was all bread (until she had to retire her bread-maker because it was racking up the electricity bill :P) Anyway, the current season is all about 'fatt koh' or 'huat kueh' as Hokkiens call it. The Gardener made the mistake of accepting an entire muffin in one of her first few attempts and it didn't go down very well. Literally.
So I brought this batch of muffins over, and they had a choice for breakfast the next morning aka today, and none of the kids wanted any of hers. Kesian lar, I know. But I think it's time for her to move on to something else...
Anyway, on to the pictures!
Here they are rising prettily in the oven.
The finished product, with some icing sugar sprinkled on top.
More...more sugar! Hmm...maybe next time I can sprinkle some sugar on top of the muffins before baking for that sweet crispy topping...yums!
My niece said the chocolate chips melt in the mouth :D You gotta try some to know...
No comments:
Post a Comment